The most common calls we get for heating service are about what you might expect. Most people call us in the winter, saying something along the lines of this: “My heater won’t turn on at all!” or “The heating system is blowing out cold air!” Heating repair calls in our area tend to be emergency calls, and that’s because so few people realize that heating repairs are usually preventable.
Heating repair should always be taken care of as early on as possible, as soon as you first notice a problem within your heater. Heating maintenance, though, is just as important, and can prevent you from noticing problems with your heater all season long.
Always Call for Repairs ASAP
If you notice a problem with your heating system, it’s so important to call in professionals for repairs as soon as possible. This includes anything from a drop in temperatures to a strange noise. The longer you wait, the bigger the headache in the long run.
- Repairs may worsen, costing more to fix later on.
- Emergency heating service tends to cost more (and be more of a hassle) than scheduling an appointment on your own time.
- You might have to deal with a complete system breakdown on a cold night. The issue won’t fix itself!
If the season begins and there are still no problems with your heating system, it’s still a good idea to call in for heating maintenance.
What Is Heating Maintenance?
Heating maintenance is a service that allows your heating system to get in prime condition for the upcoming season. It’s recommended for the early fall, even before you really need to run your heating system.
A professional heating technician will take several steps to ensure that your heating system is running smoothly, and this goes well beyond checking basic operation or looking at the air filter. A thorough inspection includes a look at all of the components and checking off on their condition in terms of safety and performance.
Sometimes, adjustments can be made on site. For example, a technician may tighten an electrical connection or lubricate a motor. But if parts are found to be in need of major repairs or replacement, you can schedule that out for a later date.
How Can You Benefit from Early Heating Service?
Whether it’s calling for repairs at the first sign of a heating problem or scheduling heating maintenance in the fall, early heating service has its benefits. You may attempt to delay heating service in order to avoid paying money, but you’re going to have to spend it some time or another, and preventative measures help to reduce that hassle, and much more.
- Routine heating system tune-ups can help the system run more efficiently, saving you money in the long run.
- Annual heating inspections keep your home safe.
- Early detection and repair of heating systems prevents a problem from getting worse.
- Systems that receive regular, timely service may last longer than those that do not, extending their lifespans.
Contact Axiom Home Services, Inc. to schedule your heating maintenance appointment or to get your next timely heating repair in Corrales, NM.